One-way car hire
One-way car hire
We understand that your journey won't always go full circle.Are you planning to drive one way, from one town to another? Are you arriving at one airport but departing from another, or set to drive across Europe? Perhaps you've got a big move approaching where there’s just no going back?
For those who wish to motor from A to B, crossing country, countries or continent, Avis caters for all your one-way car hire needs.
To help you find the best route to your destination, be it near or far, we can also lend you a sat nav for the trip.
One-way rentals in SwitzerlandYou can return your rental car to any Avis rental station in Switzerland. At some stations, an additional one-way fee is charged as detailed below:
- For one-way rentals between the following cities, no additional fee applies: Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne und Zurich
- For all other one-way rentals an additional fee of CHF 32,40 per rental applies.
- 1-3 rental days one-way fee: CHF 129,60 per rental
- 4+ rental days one-way fee: CHF 32,40 per rental
The small print
- Book your car hire in the normal way: write your rental date, time and pick-up location at the top of this page – but tick 'Return to a different location'. Then simply enter your return location and get a quote.
- This figure will include your vehicle rental cost and any additional one-way rental charges (which vary by country). Rentals collected and returned within the same city area are not usually affected by these charges, but do check at the time of booking just to be on the safe side.
- One-way car hire is rolling out across Europe for intercontinental journeys. We'll let you know if one-way car hire works for your planned itinerary.
- Some extras may not be available for One-way rentals; you'll be notified if this is the case during your booking.