Avis Van Hire
A van for every occasion
Whether you’re relocating or going on a shopping spree, have to cart around shed-loads of belongings or need an extra workhorse for your business – we’ll find the right van for you. An overview can be found below.
Find van hire station near you and book your van quickly and easily.
If you only need your van for a limited amount of time you can book using the links to the right.
Our van-rental rates
- Half day morning (08:00 to 12:00) including 150 km per day
- Half day afternoon (13:00 to 17:00) including 150 km per day
- Night tariff (18:00 to 07:00) including 150 km per day
- 24-hour-tariff or longer including 250 km per day
- Weekend tariff or longer including 250 km per day
- One-Way-Rentals on request, please contact your nearest van hire station
- Monthly rentals on request, please contact your nearest van hire station
Small vans (Group H)Compact vans are perfect for transporting smaller loads. They have very good access, roomy cabins and handle beautifully, with perfectly weighted steering.
Group H vans include the Renault Kangoo Express Maxi and the Ford Transit Connect H1L2.
- Loading capacity: ca. 700-800 kg
- Loading space: ca. 190 x 150 x 120 cm
- Loading volume: ca. 3.5 m³
- Power: ca. 90 PS
- Coupling: Manual
- Seats: 2-3
Medium vans (Groups I and J)Group I includes the Ford Transit 290 Custom H1L1. The Ford Transit 290 Custom H1L2 is available in Group J.
The Ford Transit drives like a car, with responsive, composed handling, slick gear changes and a decidedly car-like steering wheel. It also has huge side mirrors lending superb visibility.
- Loading capacity: ca. 900 kg
- Loading space: ca. 255 x 175 x 150 cm
- Loading volume: ca. 7.0 m³
- Power: ca. 100 PS
- Coupling: Manual
- Seats: 3
Large vans (Groups K, P, L, M, O and N)
An overview of the different van groups including technical details can be found in the table below.
Technical data – overview
|Van group ||Model ||Loading volume |
|Loading space |
(W/D/H in cm)
|Loading capacity |
|Seats ||Coupling |
Renault Kangoo Express Maxi or similar
|ca. 3,5||ca. 190 x 150 x 120||ca. 700-825||ca. 90||2-3||Manual|
|I||Ford Transit 290 Custom H1L1||6,2||255 x 175 x 140||977||100||3||Manual|
|J||Ford Transit 290 Custom H1L2||7,9||255 x 175 x 177||884||100||3||Manual|
Ford Transit 350 L2H2 or similar
|ca. 10,5||ca. 310 x 178 x 190||ca. 1200||ca. 125||3||Manual|
|P||Ford Transit 350 L3H2||11,8||353 x 178 x 188||1306||125||3||Manual|
|L||Mercedes-Benz Sprinter ramp/tarpaulin||16,2||425 x 207 x 185||1160||130||3||Manual|
|M||Mercedes-Benz Sprinter ramp/tarpaulin/lift or similar||ca. 16,5||ca. 425 x 205 x 190||ca. 970||ca. 140||3||Manual|
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter box body/lift or similar
|22,2||440 x 210 x 240||ca. 960||ca. 140||3||Manual|
|N||Ford Transit 300S Car Transporter||–||520 x 200||1400||125||3||Manual|
Important informationCar groups: Please note that the models pictured above are representative examples of our van groups. We cannot guarantee a specific model upon reservation. The selection of vans available may differ according to the hire station.
Official moving days: If you move on official moving days (end of March, June and September) or during local moving days additional charges may apply.
Rental fee: Included in the rental fee are the stated free kilometres, VAT, traffic fee and an excess cover that reduces the excess fee in case of damages or accidents. We offer additional cover options which reduce the excess fee further. Not included in the rental fee are additional driver fee, young driver fee, fuel and additional chrages for winter equipment from November to April.
- Staircase roller: CHF 20 0 per day
- Dolly trolley: CHF 12 per day
- Carrying straps (4 metres): CHF 10 per day
- Woollen blankets (5 pieces): CHF 10 per day (we charge CHF 1 a piece for folding woollen blankets)