Hire cars couriered to your door.Save time at journey’s beginning and end. In certain territories, we will deliver and collect your vehicle at a time and place of your choosing so you have that much more time on the road and less trouble carting around your luggage.
You may even leave the booking until (almost) the last minute; if you book by noon we’ll deposit your car at your door on the very same day.
The small print
- Rates vary depending on location
- We will be in contact shortly before your rental period begins to confirm the delivery time and complete the paperwork over the phone
- The driver must be available to receive and drop off the vehicle during the delivery time slot
- The renter is responsible for the fuel spent on delivery and collection. The car will leave your nearest Avis branch with a full tank.
- All cover (for vehicle damage etc.) expires once the rental end time has passed
- We’re sorry but we can’t deliver cars to train stations or sea ports
Terms and conditionsDelivery and collection area
The rented vehicle is delivered in the respective city within a radius of 15 kilometres from the rental station. Longer distances on request.
Delivery and collection hours
The service is available from Monday to Sunday between 07.30 and 21.00 hours and needs to be booked at least 72 hours in advance. The delivery / collection is carried out within a time frame of 30 minutes (e.g. vehicle booked with delivery at 20.00 hours: the vehicle will be delivered between 19.45 and 20.15 hours). If the vehicle is delivered / collected later than agreed due to Avis’ fault, no delivery / collection fee shall be charged for the respective delivery / collection. If the driver is not present during the agreed time frame and the vehicle can, as a consequence, not be delivered / collected, the delivery / collection fee as well as the rental costs (if the vehicle cannot be delivered = 1 rental day, if the vehicle cannot be collected = until the vehicle is returned by the driver) shall be charged on the driver’s credit card.
Delivery and collection fees
The fees indicated below are per delivery or collection (VAT included) and are charged on top of the rental costs.
Distance between the rental station and the customer’s address:
up to 5 km CHF 30.-
up to 10 km CHF 50.-
up to 15 km CHF 60.-
more than 15 km on request
- The following conditions must be fulfilled in order to benefit from this service:
- Delivery / collection only to / from private addresses in Switzerland
- Delivery / collection only for Swiss residents
- The credit card used for payment must be in the renter’s name and must be shown at the time of vehicle delivery
- The driver must personally take over / hand over the vehicle at the agreed time
- A valid driver’s license must be shown at the time of vehicle delivery
- The Avis general rental terms and conditions with respect to minimum age, etc. must be met
Cancellations are subject to the terms and conditions of the selected rate (“prepaid” or “pay later”). The delivery / collection can be cancelled free of charge up to 72 hours before the agreed delivery / collection time. If the delivery / collection is cancelled at a later point or is not cancelled at all, the delivery / collection fee as well as the rental costs (if the vehicle cannot be delivered = 1 rental day) shall be charged on the driver’s credit card.
Avis reserves the right to refuse a delivery / collection without having to justify its decision. In all other respects, the Avis general rental terms and conditions apply.