The perfect hire car will soon be yours
Whether you want a powerful SUV, super-stylish convertible or spacious people carrier, we have the perfect car for you in prime locations across Fuerteventura.
Where would you like to meet us and begin your journey?
Your journey starts hereDrive Avis in Fuerteventura, beach capital of the Canary Islands, to discover miles of broad sandy stretches (150 strips in total) and golden sand dunes aplenty. Going mobile allows you to explore the island’s inland wind-whipped lava fields and centuries-old villages.
Cruise up to Corralejo in the north for the best surfing in Europe, engaging nightlife and traditional tapas bars in the old town. East coast Costa Caleta is popular for its sheltered beach, watersports and international restaurants. In the south, Jandia peninsula, at the foot of the Pico de la Zarza mountain range, harbours national park-protected beaches, cocktail bars and duty-free shopping complexes.
Worried you’ll get lost?
To make your journey even easier, we can include a sat nav with your car so you can relax. Request yours when you book.
Spanish road rulesCountry driving laws
- Mobile phones may not be used at all whilst driving
- Do not use headphones when driving (except hearing aids)
- Dipped headlights must be used in poor daylight visibility
- Always use indicators, you will be fined for not using indicators when needed
- Cyclists have right of way, at all times
All speed signs will be in km/h. For a standard Avis rental vehicle with no trailers: Urban areas:
- 50 km/h (31 mph)
- Rural areas: 90 km/h (55 mph)
- Motorways: 120km/h (74mph)
Unless indicated by road signs.
Child safety / Seatbelt laws
- It is compulsory for the driver and all passengers to wear a seatbelt
- Children aged under 12 and less than 135cm tall must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size
- Children aged under 12 are not allowed to sit in the front seat
Please note - it is the child’s parent/guardian or vehicle renter’s responsibility to fit the child seat.
This road rules information is for provided for general guidance only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and accurate, but any reliance you place on this information is at your own risk.