An important safety-related message from Avis Budget Group
Avis caresWe have been made aware by Volkswagen Group of a potential safety issue with the back seat-belt buckles of 2018 Volkswagen Polo, Seat Arona and Seat Ibiza models.
The safety of our customers is of paramount importance to us. Following this news we have grounded the affected vehicles while Volkswagen Group investigate this safety issue. We are in the process of contacting customers who are currently renting these vehicles.
While the vehicles are safe to operate, they need to be assessed and fitted for proper customer notification on future use of the vehicle. This issue relates to the seat-belt buckle for the left rear seat position (as you face the direction of travel). This seat-belt buckle could inadvertently become released in a specific driving situation. This situation might occur when the left (in the direction of travel) rear and middle rear seat positions are both occupied at the same time.
- Please do not use the middle rear seat position of the vehicle you are renting under any circumstances
- If you are sure you do not need to use this seat (travelling with 4 passengers or less) you can continue to use the vehicle and return as you had planned
- If you do need to use the middle rear seat, the vehicle needs to be exchanged so please visit your nearest Avis or Budget location or call us on the number on your contract to make suitable arrangements.
What will Avis do?
- We will be providing our customers with alternative vehicles.
- As far as possible Avis and Budget will provide vehicles of a similar size and make.
What do I need to do?
- Please contact your nearest Avis or Budget rental station to confirm you have received this message.